Conduct and supervise training and development programs for teachers. Work for developing skills, enhancing productivity and quality of work, and building the passion in the school staff to lead young people.
Summary and Main Purpose:
The post will be responsible for the key areas of: Developing Partnerships, Extending the Schooling Programme of the Bhadrajun Artisans Trust (BAT) and Training in Bali Rajasthan. This post will also actively participate in aspects of Strengthening the Structure and leadership development. Work closely with the Delhi based Chairman of BAT to ensure coordination of activity, policy and strategy.
The role has overall responsibility for the key areas of:
- Work closely with the Chairman, to set and meet the mission and objectives with particular regard to the Training, Developing Partnerships, Quality Assurance and Extending The Fabindia Schools Programme.
- Design, develop and implement the capacity building and training, particularly in the developing and facilitating of best practices, develop training programmes and plans.
- Maintain and develop effective and productive relationships with key delivery partnership organisations and others.
- Proactively develop and support the alumni throughout the country
- Work for fund raising, events and activities to help make the BAT Schools Programme sustainable in India.
- Build partnerships and work with Government bodies and institutions to roll out the BAT Programme for youth development as a part of the social agenda of the institutions.
Scope of work
Training specialists - plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities. Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new employees. Help rank-and-file teaches to maintain and improve their job skills, and possibly prepare for jobs requiring greater skill. Help supervisors improve their interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with students and the school community. In order to identify and assess training needs within the school, the trainer may confer with the management and supervisors or conduct surveys. They also periodically evaluate training effectiveness.
Training methods include on-the-job training; classroom training; and electronic learning, which may involve interactive Internet-based training, multimedia programs, distance learning, satellite training, videos and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences, and workshops.
- Proactively manage and staff the development activities and calendar. This includes the managing of Board member visits and from time to time connect with the alumni, friends and outside groups.
- Serve as the lead staff for a significant number of the School's most important donors and prospects.
- Work with the Principal, relevant faculty and staff, establish fundraising objectives and priorities for the School. Screen all fundraising requests. Oversee all school fundraising efforts. Report to all relevant parties on objectives and progress.
- Represent the School at regular meetings.
- Collaborate and strategize with Communications and Public Relations staff on external communications to alumni, donors and friends of the school and in providing support to the Principal on communications to those audiences. Preview all marketing and collateral materials before review by the Principal and final approval.
- Oversee all alumni outreach activities and volunteer engagement opportunities through the Office of Alumni Relations. Work collaboratively with other senior staff across the school and leverage resources outside of External Relations to develop new engagement opportunities with alumni.
Other leadership accountabilities include:
- This role is complicated by the indirect reporting relationships which exist and the incumbent will need to utilize a great deal of influence to achieve both guidance and direction regarding policies and programs.
- The incumbent must have the requisite experience and expertise to effectively lead and make substantive impact in an environment with both indirect and direct reporting relationships and highly varied stakeholders.
- This position requires strategic planning plus strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels of an organization.
- Strong negotiation and motivation skills as well as innovation and self-confidence are success factors for this position.
- This position requires a forward-looking, strategic mindset with the imagination and foresight to conceptualize new ideas and opportunities, as well as the implementation skills to bring those ideas to fruition.
- The incumbent must have exceptional executive presence; be comfortable playing a leading role in substantive strategy planning meetings and at management meetings.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to inspire and lead a team of dedicated professionals.
- This individual should be both a confident leader and roll-up-your-sleeves contributor as needed.
- The incumbent must possess unquestionable integrity coupled with strong management skills and the managerial courage to take a firm stand or apply a gentle touch as a situation dictates.
- Skill in motivating others, including senior management, faculty, volunteers, prospects, alumni and staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively with others (often with diverse interests and opinions) to accomplish a goal.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Leadership and the ability to appreciate and articulate the School’s, the Bhadrajun Artisans Trust’s vision, values and programs to prospects, donors, volunteers and development staff in an engaging, motivating and inspirational manner.
- Superior management skills which encourage ambitious yet realistic goal setting, regular and constructive performance communication, sensitive career counseling and development, respect for diversity and a commitment to affirmative action.
- The ability and the courage to make difficult decisions in a complex and changing environment, and the sensitivity to counsel and mentor a diverse group of staff.
- A demonstrated successful track record of working effectively with academic leaders.
- Exceptional communication and excellent interpersonal skills. A clear and confident communication style which shows spirit, enthusiasm and integrity.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required with a preference for an advanced degree. Minimum five years of work experience and a demonstrated ability to deliver will be added advantages for the applicants.
The school is located in Bali, Rajasthan and the post requires that the incumbent spends two to three weeks a month in the school. Delhi based individuals who would like to go to Bali will find this a great opportunity. Travel and out-of-pocket expenses when on the job will be covered. If you want to really see the best part of Rajasthan and appreciate the culture of the land, this job will really excite you.
Salary and emoluments will be commensurate to qualification and the ability of the individual to perform as per KPIs.
For more about the Bhadrajun Artisans Trust (BAT) please check out www.bateducation.com
Please send your CVs with two references (email & phone needed) at the earliest and not later than 31st of May 2013 to:
Bhadrajun Artisans Trust
The Studio, FF 86-A Shahpur Jat, New Delhi 110049, INDIA
Phone: +91 11 26497154
The Fabindia Schools are the social venture of the Bhadrajun Artisans Trust (BAT)